East Central Community Center is home to five programs which serve distinct community needs. We do this all with the help of an on-site kitchen staff which provides our program members with great-tasting, nutritious meals daily.
- Our Youth Program provides after school child care, day camps during the school breaks, and Camp Ben Burr Day during the summer. We strive to provide personal, social, academic, athletic, and artistic growth for kids during their time with us.
- Our Recreation Program offers a variety sports and leagues throughout the year. This programming (which includes basketball, soccer, roller derby, volleyball, and more) contains a perfect mix of competitive and recreational activities. We offer sports for men, women, seniors, and youth every single season.
- Our Developmentally Disabled Program We have two programs for this population. We have a day program that operates 5 days a week. The primary emphasis of this program is skill-building; with field trips, garden tending, cooking classes and a wide range of physical education opportunities. We also have a Community Access Program which uses one-one- interaction to promote skill development, individual living, and community engagement. Our activities help our clients develop and maintain relationships and connections through natural integration into the community.
- Our Senior Center provides a space for those 55 and older to remain active, social, and engaged in their community. With a breadth of activities to choose from, there is truly something for everyone. We have monthly parties, outings, exercise, bingo, indoor/outdoor activities, casino excursions, and so much more. We also serve breakfast, lunch, and a snack for our seniors every day.
- Our Food Bank is the only one in Spokane located inside a community center building. We serve approximately 650 community members a month. This program, which is staffed mainly by devoted volunteers, is a lifeline for many members of our community.